Whether you are a building scientist researching the impact of energy saving building materials and construction techniques or an energy consultant helping your clients reduce their energy consumption, if you care about energy consumption and want to know where the power is going in your building our S-6-xx Wireless AC Energy Meter is the solution. The S-6-xx (xx is number of channels or circuits) AC energy meter monitors energy consumption on up to 15 circuits across 1 to 3 phases and has the following features:
- Compact and wireless makes for an easy installation. The meter can often be mounted directly inside the breaker panel. Connect AC power, clamp the current transformer around the wire coming from the circuit breaker you want to monitor, then log into our web site and view your data.
- For each channel 10 seperate parameters are measured:
- Active Energy in units of Watt Hours (Wh) - the total accumulated real energy consumed
- Apparent Energy in units of Volt Amps Reactive Hours (VARh) - the total accumulated apparent energy
- Apparent Power in units of Volt Amps Reactive (VAR) - the instantaneous apparent power derived by computing VRMS * IRMS where the VRMS and IRMS values are sampled at the instant the meter generated the current reading
- AC Volts in units of Root Mean Squared Volts (VRMS) - the RMS voltage at the instant the meter generated the current reading.
- Peak Voltage in units of Volts (Vpeak) - the maximum absolute value reached by the line voltage during the last reading interval
- Amperes in units of Root Mean Squared Amperes (IRMS) - The RMS current at the instant the meter generated the current reading.
- Peak Amperes in units of Amperes (Ipeak) - the maximum absolute value reached by the line current during the last reading interval
- Power Factor (unitless) (PF) - computed as (Δ active energy)/( Δ apparent energy) where the energy deltas are taken by subtracting the last energy reading from the current energy reading. Thus PF is a short term moving average of the power factor.
- Line Frequency in units of Hertz (Hz) - the line frequency at the instant the meter generated the current reading
- True RMS for voltage and current up to 14 KHz or 233rd harmonic at 60 Hz
- Compatible with any 0.0-0.333 Vrms output current transformer with easy CT amperage configuration on our web site. No complicated menus to navigate on a tiny LCD screen when setting up our meter.
- North America - CAT III; for distribution systems up to 277 VAC L-N/480 VAC L-L
- CE - CAT III; for distribution systems up to 230 VAC L-N/ 400 VAC L-L
- Safety - EN 61010
- Enclosure has tear drop mounting holes on bottom for wall or ceiling mount
- Long life Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Installed, AA Size, ER14505
- AC Power Terminal Block
- 0.333 Vrms full scale output current transformer like our CT-80.1.0
- AC power hookup wire
- The AC power connections are exposed therefor when not mounting inside the breaker panel a suitable NEMA enclosure is required